Ridgeline Hotel Jobs
Work at The Ridgeline Hotel
Working at The Ridgeline Hotel is a special opportunity at a place unlike any other. If you have a passion for service, we encourage you to apply for a position with us.
The Ridgeline Hotel employs seasonal and year-round associates. We pay competitive wages and are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. All applicants may be subject to pre-employment drug screening. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Every effort has been made to comply with applicable Federal and State laws. For available management positions, please refer to our Delaware North website.
Presenting the best possible image to the public is of the utmost importance. As members of our professional team, all associates must present a clean, well-groomed appearance at work unless otherwise protected by law. Associates must arrive in accordance with the standards or expect to be denied check-in until they are in compliance. The standards must be maintained throughout the season.
Restaurant and Hotel Standards
The impression that we make on our guests is very important. Remember, you may be the first contact that a guest has with our operations; therefore, we want to make sure that it is a good and lasting impression.
- Unless otherwise protected by law, hair is to be clean, neatly groomed, and of a “natural” color.
- Fad hairstyles, including but not limited to dreadlocks and mohawks, are prohibited.
- Long hair for male associates must be restrained.
- Long hair for female associates may need to be restrained, depending on the associate’s job, in order to comply with health and safety regulations.
- Beards and mustaches are to be established prior to the operating season. All beards and mustaches must be trimmed to a half-inch maximum length.
- An associate who has not established a mustache or beard prior to the operating season will be required to be clean-shaven daily throughout the season.
- Sideburns are to be straight and no longer than the bottom of the ear.
- Goatees are allowed.
- “Soul Patches” are allowed.
- Mustaches may extend 1/2-inch below the corner of the lips.
- Tattoos are to be discreet and non-offensive. Exposed tattooed areas of more than two square inches in total are to be covered by proper work attire.
- Piercing is allowed through the ears only. No more than one per ear.
- Conservative earrings (no larger than a dime), rings, necklaces, and bracelets are permitted so long as they do not interfere with the safety of the associate.
- I-9 Documentation: The federal government requires all new and returning associates to present valid documentation of identity and employment-eligibility to work within the United States. Acceptable documentation includes, but is not limited to: a valid U.S. passport or a picture ID such as a valid driver’s license, as well as proof of eligibility such as an original Social Security card. Duplicated or faxed documentation is not acceptable. Associates will not be permitted to begin work without required documentation.
- E-Verify: Delaware North participates in E-Verify, which is an Internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of its newly hired associates.
- Drug-Free Workplace: Delaware North at Estes Park is committed to providing a drug-free workplace. Our objectives are to provide a safe work environment that is free from the effects of drugs and to protect the company’s assets and its sensitive and fragile surroundings from damage.
- Background Check Policy: Prior to employment, we require candidates to pass a background check.
Housing & Technology
- Fully furnished, shared dorm style housing is available for Delaware North associates. All dorms are furnished and will reside 2-4 associates depending on the location of your dorm. There is a communal kitchen that is completely supplied with all pots, pans, dishes, drinking glasses, etc.. There is not a laundry facility on site, however a laundry mat is located conveniently across the street from housing and the hotel. Associates living in company housing are required to pay a refundable $150 housing deposit prior to their employment start dates. Housing cost is $70.00/week and it automatically taken from each paycheck. All apartments are non-smoking. Guests, family members, and pets are not permitted in employee housing.
- WiFi is included in the cost of your rent.
International students with J-1 visas are an important part of our summer staff! Students interested in working for Delaware North should contact our participating sponsor, CIEE, for more information about visa and date eligibility requirements.
There are numerous health clinics in Estes Park, including a hospital. Delaware North associates are not eligible to participate in the Medcor program.
Recreation and Benefits
Enjoy the convenience of living in a small Colorado town, while being just minutes away from the two entrances to the Rocky Mountain Park! In the summer you can fish at the Estes Park lake, or any of the surrounding rivers. Other activities available in the area include rafting, horseback riding, and endless opportunities for hiking.
- Retail Discounts: All Delaware North associates receive a discount at our retail store Trendz at the Park, located in downtown Estes Park. Seasonal associates receive 20% off, and full time associates receive 40% off!
- Restaurant Discounts: All associates receive a 15% discount at Latitude 105 Alehouse. All associates receive a 50% discount on shift meals. These discounts exclude alcohol. Must show employee ID to receive discount.
The Ridgeline Hotel
- For all Front Desk and Porter positions, uniform shirts will be provided and will be issued at the time of hire. You are responsible to provide black slacks, black shoes (closed toe and covering the back of the foot), and black socks as part of your uniform. Jeans, cargo pants, leggings, capris, or extreme fitted pants are not permitted, nor are sandals or strapped shoes. You are responsible to maintain your uniform in assuring the uniform is clean, neat, and non-wrinkled. Housekeeping associates will be provided a full uniform, however you will need to bring comfortable black shoes. And always remember the nametag as part of the uniform.
Latitude 105 Alehouse
- Uniform shirts will be provided and will be issued at the time of hire. You are responsible to provide blue jeans that are in good condition and black non-slip shoes, (closed toe and covering the back of the foot) as part of your uniform. Cargo pants, leggings, capris, or extreme fitted pants are not permitted, nor are sandals or strapped shoes. Kitchen associates will be provided a uniform shirt, however must bring black pants and kitchen non-skid black shoes. In addition, all associates are required to wear the provided nametag as part of the uniform.
Work Schedule and Wages
All applicable federal and state hours and wage laws are followed. Our locations are open seven days a week; accordingly, work schedules vary and employees can expect to be scheduled any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- Wages: The wages for our seasonal positions range from $7.18 to $12.00 per hours; a few positions offer a higher wage.
- Paychecks: Hourly associates are paid weekly. The pay period is Monday through Sunday, with paychecks distributed the following Friday. Upon receipt, associates must sign for their own paycheck, verifying their hours worked.
- Payroll Deductions: The predetermined apartment charge and security deposit charge will be deducted weekly from your paycheck.
- Direct Deposit: a direct deposit payroll option is available and recommended for all employees. It may take up to two pay periods to implement.
- Check Cashing: Paychecks may be cashed at local banks for a small minimal charge.
What to Bring
What you bring depends in part on how you plan to enjoy Estes Park, but everyone should bring the following items:
- Valid identification: You will need it for employment verification.
- Cold and warm weather clothing: Our weather changes fast here; plan to bring a little bit of clothing for a wide variety of temperatures.
- Towel, washcloth, and extra blanket
- Alarm clock
- Laundry soap
- Required clothing for your uniform
- Comfortable shoes for work and play
- Extra cash: Payroll deductions take care of your room and board charges, but you may want cash for personal spending. Pay periods are Monday through Sunday, with paychecks issued the following Friday. If you wish to set up a direct deposit you will need to provide a voided check or other verification of your bank account.
While your storage space will be somewhat limited and we don’t recommend that you bring lots of valuables, you might enjoy having some of the following items with you as well:
- Hiking and/or camping gear: Water bottle, backpack, hiking boots & socks, gloves, rain gear, flashlight, tent, sleeping bag, stove, etc.
- Camera and binoculars for sightseeing
- Fishing gear
- Bicycle and helmet (bikes are allowed on established roads, but prohibited on backcountry trails and boardwalks)
- Softball glove
- Music and/or instrument
- Laptop computer
- Playing cards, books, puzzles
- Your private vehicle: although it’s not necessary, you will have more flexibility to explore the area if you bring one.
Where to Go
All Delaware North associates will receive direct communication from Human Resources before their scheduled arrival on housing assignments and where and when to check-in for their employment.